RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL
We acknowledge that safe alcohol consumption is ultimately the responsibility of you as an individual, however it is also our responsibility to abide by the strict policies and procedures that govern the sale of liquor in Australia.
As a part of our commitment to the responsible service of alcohol, we want to make absolutely sure that we only sell alcohol to people of the permitted legal age. Accordingly, your I.D. may be required to verify your age and identity.
ON-SUPPLY TO MINORS
Supplying alcohol to a minor can incur serious penalties including the risk of a fine of up to $27,500 and/or 12 months imprisonment.
Volando supports the ‘Don’t buy it for them’ initiative aimed at making adults aware of their responsibilities regarding secondary supply. We will refuse service if we believe that an adult is purchasing alcohol for a minor.
LIQUOR LICENSING ACTS
Liquor licencing legislation in Australia is state and territory based:
- New South Wales: Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.
- Victoria: Victoria Liquor Control Reform Act 1998: It is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (penalty exceeds $7,000), or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (penalty exceeds $600).
- Western Australia: Liquor Control Act 1988: It is an offence to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
- South Australia: Liquor Licensing Act 1997, Section 113: Liquor must NOT be supplied to persons under 18.
- Queensland: Liquor Act 1992: It is an offence to supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years.
Measuring spirit nips when pouring from a bottle is very important to drinking responsibly. A 30mL spirit nip (40% alc/vol) is the equivalent of one standard drink and it is very easy to go over the standard drink limit if not using measures. If in doubt, please refer to the alcohol volume percentage on the label. If the alcohol volume varies, so will the standard drink measure so calculate your measures carefully.
Please note: When delivering an online order we are unable to deliver to an intoxicated person.
- Liquor Licence number: 205814
- Licence type: Commercial Other – Producer/Wholesaler